February 2, 2015
February 10, 2015
City Council Mtg.
6:30 p.m. - City Hall
February 14, 2015
February 16, 2015
February 18, 2015
Noon - Alliant Bldg.
1. The East Okoboji River, the state’s longest, is a glacial pothole dating back 13,000 years to the most recent ice age.
2. The ice cream capital of the world is right here in Le Mars, home to Wells Dairy (most well-known for its line of Blue Bunny sweets).
3. The Iowa 80, named so for its location along Interstate 80 in Walcott, is the world’s largest truck stop. It is set on 220 acres and receives 5,000 visitors every single day.
4. The Red Delicious apple, once the single largest variety produced, was developed in Madison County.
5. Ames, Iowa was recently listed by CNNMoney.com as the ninth “Best Place To Live.”
6. Iowa is considered to be the safest state in the U.S. to live in—no small surprise, considering the state is comprised of 92 percent farmland.